2. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify, locate, or contact an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a personal profile, an email address, a home or other physical address, height, gender or other contact information.
4. Receipt and Collection of Information. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. However, in order to use the Services, and/or some of its features, you may have to create and register an account (an “Account“). You will be asked to provide us certain contact and personal details. We will explicitly indicate the fields that are mandatory to complete. If you create your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You may deactivate your Account at any time by following the options within the Service.
4.2. You can complete and submit an online registration form which we make available on the Site. You may also create an Account offline through us or our authorized partners/resellers during an offline interview by which your information will be incorporated into our electronic system so we can create the Account and fulfill the services selected by you.
4.3. Customer Data. You may provide us information, including Personal Information, about your business and staff, such as your business name and business address and names and contact information for staff members with access to the SaaS (“Customer Data”).
4.5. Contact Us’ Information. If you choose to send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Service, or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Service, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information such as your name and email address. You may also choose to provide us with additional Personal Information.
4.6. Surveys, Newsletter Subscriptions, and Information Requests. The Service may offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys, newsletter subscriptions, or other programs. If you choose to participate, we may request certain Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address, and other specified information. Your participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose this information.
4.7. Site Cookies, Log-Files and Tracking Technologies. The Site may utilize “cookies”, log-files and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Site user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, you may choose to block cookies with your browser, or you may enable a “do not track” mechanism, which allows you to choose what regarding tracking activity you wish to block.
4.8. Invite Friend Service. If you choose to participate in our invite friend service, whereby we enable you to refer your friends and contacts to the Site (each a “Friend”), then you will need to provide us with the email addresses of the Friends that you wish to refer.
5. IPV’s California Do Not Track Notice.
5.1. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 4.7 (Site Cookies, Log-Files and Tracking Technologies), IPV’s Site does not currently track its users over time and across third party websites or services and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
6. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
6.1. We will use your Personal Information and Customer Data to provide and improve the Service and any other services to you, personalize your experience and customize content, marketing, and recommendations, to contact you in connection with the Service, programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service and services that you are authorized to access.
6.2. We may use your designated contact details (such as your email address) to send you updates, a newsletter or news regarding the Service and our products and services, or to contact you in response to a “Contact Us” request.
6.4. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IPV, its users, yourself or the public.
7. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our services, enhance your experience with the Service and other purposes. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service.
8. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on the Service in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit parts of the Service, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
9. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to correct a material inaccuracy in your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may correct such inaccuracy by using certain tools which are available in the Service.
11. Links to Other Sites. The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by IPV. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
12. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract individuals under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
13. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of IPV who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Last updated: 1 December, 2014